Trash, refuse, yard waste and recycling may only be put out to the curb the night before a pickup day. It is a violation of Town Code for waste to be out by the curb more than 24 hours before or after pickup.
- Thursday is pickup day for regular household trash of 50 pounds or less.
- Wednesday is pickup day for recycling. Call VEOLIA at 239-334-1224 to request a recycling bin.
- Wednesday is also pickup day for yard clippings, leaves, tree limbs and other agricultural waste from landscaping activities. These items are to be placed in trash cans, bags, or bundled with twine. Bags and bundles are to be less than five foot long and no more than 40 pounds.
- To request and schedule a FREE special pick-up of appliances and large items (i.e. furniture), Call VEOLIA at 239-334-1224.
- Additional pickup and/or weekend/Saturday pickup may be arranged by contacting Veolia. This service is at an additional charge.
- Call Lee County at 239-533-8000 for hazardous waste disposal.
- The Lee County Solid Waste Division has a permanent Household Chemical Waste Collection facility on 6441 Topaz Court (off Metro Pkwy). Residents may now dispose of household chemical waste between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and every first Saturday of the month from 8 a.m. to Noon. The facility will be closed on holidays observed by Lee County.
- Property owners and managers of rental properties are responsible for ensuring that their tenants comply with the garbage collection regulations.
Thursday regular garbage collection
- Trash must be placed in secured trash cans to prevent wild animals from getting to it.
- Trash must be placed within six feet of a curb by 6:30 a.m. on the day of pickup
- Trash must be placed in a container of 40 gallon capacity or less with a lid that has a handle on each side and is weather proof/animal proof, sealed tight; suitable heavy mil plastic bag is also acceptable
- Bulky items that are to be picked up with garbage collection (sofas, chairs, mattresses, etc.) may not be placed to the curb more than 24 hours before scheduled pickup
Wednesday recycling collection
- Corrugated carboard boxes are to be broken down flat and not exceed four feet by six feet and six inches thick
- Commingled glass, aluminum, plastic and glass may be placed in blue recycle bins. Please do not place any recyclables in plastic bags.
- Bottles, jars, and cans must be free of residuals.
- Place newspapers, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, computer and office paper, junk mail and envelopes into separate paper bags or request an additional recycling bins for paper products
- Do not place garbage or yard waste in recycling bins
Wednesday yard waste collection
- Yard waste must be placed in containers of 40 gallon capacity or less with a handle on each side, or securely tied in bundles that are no longer than six feet and weigh no more than 50 pounds per bundle or container.
- Unbundled palm fronds may be placed at the curb in near stacks of less than 50 pounds
- Yard waste may not be placed on empty lots