Hurricane Idalia Aftermath
Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 7 a.m
Tropical Storm/Hurricane Idalia impacted the Town overnight with high winds, rain, some storm surge, and localized flooding. Town staff will know more clearly about impacts as today unfolds.
Here is what we know now:
- The Town Hall complex will be open regular hours today from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Please use caution when driving. Estero Boulevard is passable with some small debris, sand patches and blowing sand, as well as puddles. Town staff have contacted the Lee County Emergency Operations Center for assistance to get Estero Boulevard fully cleaned.
- Crescent and First Streets in the Downtown District by Bayside Park are under water. Please avoid that area all day as high tide is expected at Noon and could add more water in that location. Other side streets that have flooding are: Second, Third, Bahia Via, Anchorage, Andre Mar, Dakota, Oak Ridge, Fairweather, Lazy Way, and Estrellita.
- Please stay out of Times Square until we can get it cleared. It is covered with sand and rocks.
- Just before Matanzas Pass Bridge on San Carlos Boulevard, there is about a foot of water over the road which requires caution to safely pass through.
- The emergency berm on the beach held up well against storm surge.
We will share more information today as it becomes available.