Where can I get more information?
For continued updates from the Town of Fort Myers Beach, visit www.fmbgov.com, follow the Town of Fort Myers Beach on social media, or email email@example.com. To sign up for text or email alerts, visit http://fmbgov.com/list.aspx, enter your email and cell phone number, then select News Flash.
Where can I get supplies?
Community Resource Centers are now open in two locations. Both sites have hot meals available 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Santini Marina Plaza, 7205 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach. The site has access to water, food, showers, laundry, and restrooms and is open 24 hours a day.
- Beach Baptist Church, 130 Connecticut St., on the corner of Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach. This location provides access to ice, food, water, showers, laundry, and restrooms as well as federal, state, local and non-profit partners. This location will be open 24 hours a day, with representatives from the various agencies available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. This includes FEMA Disaster Recovery Assistance Teams, Florida Department of Children and Families, local and national non-profits.
- Times Square, 1035 Estero Blvd. – laundry is not available at this site
What is the 50% Rule?
If the cost of improvements or the cost to repair the damage exceeds 50% of the market value of the building prior to sustaining damage, it must be brought up to current floodplain management standards. This is in effect and will continue to be enforced during building permit plan review. For questions about permitting and the 50% Rule, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is assistance available for demolition or removing another home off my property?
Residents can apply for debris removal services on their property by using the website: iandebriscleanup.com. This debris removal includes displaced and abandoned vehicles, vessels, and other titled property from qualifying private and commercial properties, as well as waterways throughout Lee County.
Can out-of-state contractors be used?
Always use a Florida licensed and insured contractor. See the lists of contractors licensed with the state of Florida and the Town of Fort Myers Beach: https://www.fortmyersbeachfl.gov/971/Building-Services.
Where can I find information regarding the value of my home prior to Hurricane Ian?
Contact the Lee County Property Appraiser’s Office at 239-533-6100 or their website: leepa.org.
Where can I take donation items?
The Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce website, fortmyersbeach.org, has information on donations.
What do the colored signs posted on houses mean?
Safety assessments are being conducted at multiple dwellings and commercial properties.
- Structures marked with a YELLOW sign have been inspected and evidence of damage was found. Occupancy of the structure is NOT recommended. Entry is at the owner’s risk. The Certificate of Occupancy has been temporarily restricted due to damage or deterioration.
- Structures marked with a RED sign have been inspected and substantial damage was found. These structures should NOT be entered. The Certificate of Occupancy has been temporarily REVOKED.
Contact the Fire District Life Safety Division for questions regarding these posting at Prevention@FMBFIRE.org.
What safety measures are in place?
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office and multiple assisting agencies are patrolling the Town of Fort Myers Beach 24 hours a day, seven days a week.