- On-going Volunteer – volunteer who helps on a regular scheduled basis, and may provide services for many months or years.
- Seasonal Volunteer – volunteer who assists with Programs/projects for a short period of time. Service hours and length will vary, often that is less than one calendar year.
- Youth Volunteer – a volunteer who is under the age of 18. A signed parental consent portion of the Town’s Participant Waiver and General Release Form is required for a youth volunteer to participate. A parent or guardian may sign for the youth volunteer. Minimum age requirements may be different depending on assignment needs
- One-Time Volunteer – an individual, club, troop, or group as part of an assignment or program needs to complete volunteer service through a one-day project.
- Recreational Program Volunteer - Volunteers assist in recreational programs or assisting with special events. Volunteers as young as 14 years of age can be accepted for some positions. Volunteer opportunities are from Monday-Sunday and hours vary according to the needs of the department..
- Volunteer Interns – Students that require work experience in the field to satisfy a school credit. Student must become a registered volunteer and provide documentation from school about expectations needed for credit. Students should give a presentation at the completion of their time or project.
- Event Assistant- Assist staff at Park and Recreation Department-sponsored events setting up and breaking down decorations, signage, tables, chairs and tents, if necessary. Preferred age is 16 years or older and able to stand/walk for several hours at a time. Volunteer is outside generally during evening or weekend events and times vary according to the department needs
- P&R Customer Service Assistant- Volunteers will assist in processing registration for classes/programs, answering telephones, making courtesy calls and filing paperwork. Preferred age of volunteer is 16 years or older. Volunteer times vary between the days of Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This opportunity is available at the Bay Oaks Recreation Campus as well as the Aquatics Center.
- Sports Scorekeeper- Volunteers, under the supervision of the Recreation Programmer, assists as sports scorekeeper for various adult or youth sports leagues and programs. The scorekeeper will maintain the official scorebook and/or clock for adult and youth games. Preferred age of volunteer is 16 years or older. Volunteer opportunities are from Monday-Sunday and hours vary according to the needs of the department.