Building Services & Permitting Services
ATTENTION BUILDING CONTRACTORS
Effective June 21, 2022: All new application submittals must be done through the Request Portal. Any new applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be returned.
Effective June 21, 2022: All inspections will need to be requested through the Permit Portal. If you need your access code, please email email@example.com
The Florida Building Code Update became effective on December 31, 2020 at Midnight.
Effective December 30, 2020, in our transition to being paperless, your permit and master plan submittals are now to be submitted electronically and must be certified to the Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020.)
The new forms are available on the Building Services Applications & Forms page.
For more information about the code or to purchase the code, visit www.floridabuilding.org
Use iWorQ, our online permitting service to:
- Search and view permit
- View status
- Download/ print approved documents
- Pay fees
- Schedule inspections
Click here PERMIT SEARCH
If you are searching for record information or paying fees, you are not required to create an account.
Guide to permitting/E-Services and Inspections
Submit your application:
Click on the REQUEST PORTAL to submit your request.
Click on “Submit request”. Complete the appropriate fields, upload the application, plans and any other supporting documents and click submit. Once staff processes the request, you will receive an email from iWorQ with further instructions if additional information/ documents are needed or an invoice to pay fees.
Please note that fees must be paid prior to any reviews being completed.
When ready to check the status of your application, pay fees, print the permit board and approved drawings click on PERMIT PORTAL.
When ready to check the status of your zoning or development services application, pay fees, and print approved drawings click on PROJECT PORTAL .
Note: (Owners can submit online) Pursuant to the owner-builder exemption 489.1.3(1) but must pick up their permits at the Town of Fort Myers Beach permitting office.
To Scheduling Inspections
Permit portal online. An access code is required. Once you obtain your access code you may use that for all future permits. The access code can be obtained by calling the Permitting Department at 239-765-0202.
Provide the following info when scheduling your inspection.
- Permit #
- Site address of the property
- Inspection type/code (located on your permit board)
- Contact # along with any notes or special instructions for the inspector
Time specific Inspection appointments are not available at this time.
* Please be aware that inspections scheduled after 4 pm will not be scheduled until the following business day.
* If you need to make changes to an existing inspection request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Required on job site at time of inspection
- Inspection permit board
- Recorded Notice of Commencement
- Approved plans (JOBSITE COPY)
- NOA's or Product Approvals
- Threshold paperwork (if applicable)
- Private Provider paperwork (if applicable)
If your permit requires any fire inspections, schedule by emailing: email@example.com along with the permit number, site address, inspection type and any notes to the inspector.
Are you a prospective homeowner or current homeowner with questions about building services, planning or zoning?
Walk in appointments to ask quick questions are available on Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to Noon
Appointments are recommended to limit wait times.
Schedule appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk in Tuesdays are not for design professionals or property owners who have hired design professionals. Questions and answers about properties that involve design professionals tend to be more complex and take more time to research. Please schedule a meeting at email@example.com
- When is a permit required? See the list of projects that require a permit and projects that do not. Watch an educational session about permits that was held during a meeting of Town Council.
- How long is my permit good for?
- How does a contractor get registered with the Town of Fort Myers Beach?
- Do I need a contractor?
- What happens if I choose not to obtain the required permits?
- How do I extend my permit that is issued but about to expire?
- If my permit has "failed" an inspection, is there an extra fee charged?
- What is the current review period for building permits?
- What do I need if I live in a condo and want to replace my windows?
- Do I need a permit to Erect/ Replace a fence?
- Do I need a permit for a deck?
- How close can a pool enclosure/pool be to a seawall?
- How close can you get to a non-seawalled natural body of water (Rip Rap)?
- What is needed for minor Condo Renovations?
- Do I need a permit for a Chickee hut?
Chadd ChustzEnvironmental Projects ManagerPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1312
Andrew GarryPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1302
Ilen Exposito LopezPermit SupervisorPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1305
Kendra RosaZoning Technician & Permitting AnalystPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1311