The Florida Building Code Update Effective December 31, 2020 at Midnight.
Effective December 30th, 2020 in our transition to being paperless, your permit and master plan submittals are now to be submitted electronically and must be certified to the Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020.)
The new forms are available on the Building Services Applications & Forms page.
For more information about the code or to purchase the code, visit www.floridabuilding.org
Permitting/E-Services and Inspections
If you are searching for record information or paying fees, you are not required to create an account.
- To submit your application, click on the REQUEST PORTAL.
- Citizens can create a login through the request portal but it is not required.
- Once logged in, click on “enter request”. Complete the appropriate fields, upload drawings and hit submit. Once staff approves the request, you will receive an email from the permitting department with the permit number.
- When ready to check the status of your application/permit or print the permit board and approved drawings click on PERMIT PORTAL.
- When ready to check the status of your zoning or development services application, and/or print approved documents you enter the PROJECT PORTAL.
To schedule Inspections online or over the phone, an access code is required. Once you obtain your access code you may use that for all future permits. The access code should be obtained by the contractor or owner from the Permitting Department at the time of pick up or by calling 239-765-0202. Schedule inspections online or call 888-991-5867.
Note: (Owners can submit online) Pursuant to the owner-builder exemption 489.1.3(1) but must pick up their permits at the Town of Fort Myers Beach permitting office.
- How long is my permit good for?
- Do I need a contractor?
- How do I extend my permit that is issued but about to expire?
- If my permit has "failed" an inspection, is there an extra fee charged?
- How does a contractor get registered with the Town of Fort Myers Beach?
- When is a permit required?
- What happens if I choose not to obtain the required permits?
- What is the current review period for building permits?
- What do I need if I live in a condo and want to replace my windows?
- Do I need a permit to Erect/ Replace a fence?
- Do I need a permit for a deck?
- How close can a pool enclosure/pool be to a seawall?
- How close can you get to a non-seawalled natural body of water (Rip Rap)?
- What is needed for minor Condo Renovations?
Chadd ChustzEnvironmental Project ManagerPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1312
Andrew GarryPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1302
Ilen Exposito LopezPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1305
Kendra RosaZoning Technician & Permitting AnalystPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1311