- Doing Town Business
For after hours emergencies please call
URGENT INFO REGARDING WATER RESTORATION AFTER HURRICANE IAN
Steps to water restoration for property owners
To have water service restored to your home, contact Utilities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be contacted by the Utility Department upon acceptance of your structural and electrical inspections, and when your street has had water restored, for a time to restore water to your home.
You MUST be present when water is restored should any issues arise.
To communicate with the Town's Utilities Department,
Read the rate schedule
Application for Service
*Please include a copy of your drivers license when submitting an application for service.
You can submit your application and drivers license via email at email@example.com, by mail or in person.
If you have a general question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Billing Adjustment Request Form
To be considered for a billing adjustment due to a leak for high consumption incidents, you must fill out a Billing Adjustment Request Form. Click on the link below to access this form. Please return via email at email@example.com.
Billing Adjustment Request Form
Create a new account to access your water bill. Your district code is 01.
Sign up for Precautionary Boil Water Notices
The Town of Fort Myers Beach uses a variety of ways to inform the public when a boil water advisory is in effect. These include:
1) The CODE RED notification system sends a recorded message to a phone line, a text message to a cell phone, and/or a message to an email address. Residents, business owners, and property owners are encouraged to sign up with a home phone number, a cell phone number, and/or an email address. To sign up for this system, click the following link and fill out the registration form.
Download the CODE RED Mobile Alert App
2) The Town's social media - Facebook Social NetFacebook & Twitter Social Network Twitter
3) Text and email alerts from the Town's website - SIGN UP
4) News item on the homepage of this website
5) Alert message on the top navigation bar of the website
6) Local media outlets
TIPS ON BOILING WATER
1. Fill a pot or pan with cold water.
2. Start timing after the water boils. (You may see little bubbles forming at the edges of the pot; these are just air bubbles from the water; when steady streams of big bubbles are sent up from the bottom of the pot, your water is starting to boil.)
3. Boil for one full minute.
4. Boil as much water in a pot as you can comfortably lift without spilling. Caution should always be exercised when handling boiling water to minimize the risk of burns.
Fort Myers Beach Backflow Program Procedures
Current Certified Backflow Testers
If you are currently providing testing for Fort Myers Beach customers and need to report a backflow device tester form, please contact BSI at 800-414-4990.
New Certified Backflow Testers
For more information on becoming an approved tester, please contact BSI at 800-414-4990.
Water Quality Reports
- Corkscrew Water Quality Report 2010
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2010
- Corkscrew Water Quality Report 2011
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2011
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2012
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2013
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2014
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2015
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2016
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2017
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2018
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2019
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2020
- Town of Fort Myers Beach Water Quality Report 2021
Fort Myers Beach Mandatory Water Restrictions
Since March 26, 2011, the Town issues citations for violations of water restrictions. To find out the details on the restrictions and when you can water your lawn, download the Fort Myers Beach Mandatory Water Restrictions Information Sheet.