Environmental Sciences Coordinator
2523 Estero Blvd.
Fort Myers Beach,
(239) 765-0202 ext. 136
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The mission of the Environmental Sciences Division is to provide stewardship of the natural resources of the Town of Fort Myers Beach and improve their future health and sustainability through regulations, education, informed management, and cooperation with citizens and business.
The Environmental Sciences Coordinator is responsible for:
- Working with the public through outreach and education on the unique environment of the island
- Coordinating with local, state, and federal agencies on environmental issues
- Licensing parasail activities, personal watercraft vendors, and restricted beach vehicles
- Acting as Town liaison with the Marine Resources Task Force (MRTF)
- Consulting with Town staff and residents on environmental issues
- Implementing Town environmental regulations, including permits, species protection, and beach permissions