Rumors have been flying lately about a bunch of different topics, causing unnecessary angst for residents, business owners, and property owners.
We are addressing them here to set the record straight.
1. FICTION: The Town is making me pay for water even though my house is gone and my lot is clear.
FACT: Not true! If a customer is not using water at this time, water and sewer base fees can be waived. To prevent further billing of these fees, email the Utilities Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and service address. PLEASE NOTE – All residents are required to pay stormwater fees. Also, If you use https://www.eonlinebill.com/ftmyers to pay your water bill with a credit card, there is a 3.5 percent credit card processing fee added. To avoid this fee, use one of the following methods:
- Change your payment method in your online account to withdraw your payment directly from your bank account
- Mail a check to the Town at 2525 Estero Boulevard, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
- Deliver your check to the Town Hall temporary complex at 2545 Estero Boulevard and leave it in the receptionist’s area in the designated drop box. Town Hall complex hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2. FICTION: The Town does not give any grace period for expiring parking meters.
FACT: The parking app is programmed to give customers a 10-minute grace period after their time has expired. This is automatic through the parking app.
3. FICTION: Town Council voted to remove the two-hour limit per space but the parking app is not programmed for that. Customers are still not able to park at a space beyond two hours.
FACT: Town Council did remove the two-hour parking limit and the Town’s parking app is programmed to reflect this automatically. PLEASE NOTE: Customers need to re-up their payment every two hours and can do that at www.ppprk.com. Customers do get a reminder to pay just before the two hours are up.
Have you heard a rumor? Please fact check it with the Town! Email email@example.com
Sign up to get news and information from the Town directly by text and email.