The Florida Building Code Update became effective on December 31, 2020 at Midnight.
Effective December 30, 2020, in our transition to being paperless, your permit and master plan submittals are now to be submitted electronically and must be certified to the Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020.)
The new forms are available on the Building Services Applications & Forms page.
For more information about the code or to purchase the code, visit www.floridabuilding.org
Guide to permitting/E-Services and Inspections
To check the status of your building permit PERMIT SEARCH
If you are searching for record information or paying fees, you are not required to create an account.
- To submit your application, click on the REQUEST PORTAL. Request Portal Submittal Requirements
- Citizens can create a login through the request portal but it is not required.
- Once logged in, click on “enter request”. Complete the appropriate fields, upload drawings and hit submit. Once staff approves the request, you will receive an email from the permitting department with the permit number.
- When ready to check the status of your application/permit or print the permit board and approved drawings click on PERMIT PORTAL.
- When ready to check the status of your zoning or development services application, and/or print approved documents you enter the PROJECT PORTAL .
Note: (Owners can submit online) Pursuant to the owner-builder exemption 489.1.3(1) but must pick up their permits at the Town of Fort Myers Beach permitting office.
The Town offers 3 options for citizens to schedule inspections.
- Permit portal online. An access code is required. Once you obtain your access code you may use that for all future permits. The access code can be obtained by calling the Permitting Department at 239-765-0202.
- Email request to Inspections@fmbgov.com
- Call 239-765-0202 ext # 8008
Provide the following info when scheduling your inspection.
- Permit #
- Site address of the property
- Inspection type/code (located on your permit board)
- Contact # along with any notes or special instructions for the inspector
Inspection appointments are not available at this time.
Please be aware that inspections scheduled after 4pm will not be scheduled until the following business day
Required on jobsite at time of inspection
- Inspection permit board
- Recorded Notice of Commencement
- Approved plans (JOBSITE COPY)
- NOA's or Product Approvals
- Threshold paperwork (if applicable)
- Private Provider paperwork (if applicable)
If your permit requires any fire inspections, schedule by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org along with the permit number, site address, inspection type and any notes to the inspector.
- When is a permit required?
- How long is my permit good for?
- How does a contractor get registered with the Town of Fort Myers Beach?
- Do I need a contractor?
- What happens if I choose not to obtain the required permits?
- How do I extend my permit that is issued but about to expire?
- If my permit has "failed" an inspection, is there an extra fee charged?
- What is the current review period for building permits?
- What do I need if I live in a condo and want to replace my windows?
- Do I need a permit to Erect/ Replace a fence?
- Do I need a permit for a deck?
- How close can a pool enclosure/pool be to a seawall?
- How close can you get to a non-seawalled natural body of water (Rip Rap)?
- What is needed for minor Condo Renovations?
- Do I need a permit for a Chickee hut?
Carl BengeAssistant Community Development DirectorPhone: 239-940-0744
Chadd ChustzEnvironmental Project ManagerPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1312
Andrew GarryPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1302
Ilen Exposito LopezPermitting TechnicianPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1305
Jack McStravicBuilding OfficialPhone: 239-284-0446
Kendra RosaZoning Technician & Permitting AnalystPhone: 239-765-0202 ext. 1311
Steve WickCoastal Resources, Certified Flood Plain ManagerPhone: 239-478-9270