Athletic & Fitness Programs
Join Barb McDermott for her Fitness classes at 9 a.m. Monday through Friday! Class is held outside at Bay Oaks, at the side of the building. Fee is $10 paid to the instructor.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday "Step Cross Training" 45 minutes of cardio stepping with intervals of weighted muscle work and 15 minutes of core/stretch.
Tuesday and Thursday "Half-n-Half "
- 30 mins of endurance/strength intervals and 30 minutes of balance/yoga
- All equipment will be sanitized and outside.
- Restrooms in the side hall lobby are available to class participants.
- Mask needed to enter building. No mask required to participate outside.
- Six feet of spacing will be in play
- Limited to 20 participants
Current Weight Room Hours
PLEASE NOTE: CDC guidelines due to COVID-19 still apply. Masks are required to walk into and through the building.
Social distancing and hand washing are also required.
Bay Oaks weight and cardio rooms are open by reservation for up to four people at a time:
Monday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m./6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m./6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m./6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m./6 p.m. to 8 p.m. - last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m./6 p.m. - 8 p.m.- last reservation taken at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. - last reservation taken at 2 p.m.
Reservations must be made at least two hours in advance by calling 239-765-4222. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
The grounds at Bay Oaks, tennis courts and pickle ball courts are open for use in accordance with CDC guidelines, including wearing masks in any outdoor space where social distancing is not possible.
Weight Room Costs
Daily: $5 Adults, $3 Children (12 and under)
Weekly: $15 individual, $30 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Monthly: $20 individual, $40 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
6 Months: $30 Individual, $55 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Annual: $45 individual, $85 Family (up to 4 people, in the same household)
Free sports can be played outside as a drop in:
- Pickleball (outside two courts) Usually there are a few players in the early part of the day.
- Senior Softball on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 am. There are always at least a few seniors playing at this time.
Fitness Room (Weight Room)
- The fitness room features a Smith machine, numerous individual strength machines and a variety of free weight dumbbells and weight bars, and a 50” TV.
- The separate cardio room features three treadmills, two ellipticals, and one stationary bike.
- In addition to the fitness rooms, members can participate in drop-in basketball, drop-in volleyball, drop-in pickleball, senior softball, and bocce ball.
- Members also receive a discounted rate on our many different fitness classes offered throughout the week.